Many consumers are cutting back on luxury services like facials and spa treatments in these tough economic times. But there's no need for your skin to lose its healthy glow. With a few spa-quality products from Pharmaca's Natural Beauty bar, you can still enjoy regular treatments that indulge the senses without breaking your budget.
Replenish your skin with a healthy mini-facial once every week. You will need:
- A cleanser
- A toner
- An exfoliant
- Facial mask
- A warm towel and cotton pads
1) Start by cleansing your face and neck with 3 ml (about the size of a dime) of cleanser and remove with warm towels or cotton squares. Our favorite: Pharmaca's Organic Green Tea and Honey cleanser
2) Spray or dab toner on your face and neck to balance pH and prepare the skin for proper absorption. Our favorite: Astara's AHA Nutrient Toning Essence
3) Help your skin appear smoother and brighter by exfoliating at least once a week. Our favorite: Zia's Bamboo Exfoliant
4) For the ultimate spa luxury, apply a mask to your face and decollete. Our selection includes hydration, firming and nutrient masks, so ask one of our estheticians about the best one for your skin type. Remove with a warm, moist towel after 10 relaxing minutes.
5) Reveal your fresh skin and lock in moisture. Our favorite: Weleda's Wild Rose Moisture Cream
Rejuvenate the senses with a 30 minute mini-spa treatment. You will need:
- A natural bristled body brush
Salt or sugar body scrub
The body oil or lotion of your choice
1) Use the dry body brush to exfoliate and stimulate circulation. Gently brush from feet to forehead, always moving toward your heart to encourage blood flow. Our favorite: Bass Body Brushes
2) Step into the empty tub. Apply the salt or sugar scrub to your skin in circular motions while being sure to avoid your face. Our favorite: Alba Hawaiian Sea Salt
3) Run a warm bath and dissolve two handfuls of aromatherapeutic salts into the tub. Then, relax for 15-20 minutes in the detoxifying salts, letting the scrub wash off from your skin and stresses melt away. Our favorite: Aura Cacia
4) Pat your body dry and apply a generous amount of body lotion or oil to from head to toe.
From organic hair dyes to vegan nail polishes, Pharmaca's selection of luxurious products coupled with our staff of licensed estheticians can help bring out the recessionista in you.