Super Seed is a powerful whole food formula that is an excellent source of dietary fiber. The ingredients in Super Seed were specifically chosen for their exceptional ability to support and maintain optimal bowel health and function.┼
- Excellent source of dietary fiber
- A whole food blend of seeds, sprouted grains, and legumes containing both soluble and insoluble fiber
- Contains ingredients specifically chosen for their ability to support normal gut flora balance, regular bowel function, and overall health ┼
- Dietary fiber in Super Seed® supports normal cardiovascular health┼
- Super Seed provides naturally occurring Omega-3 fatty acids
- The flax in Super Seed supports healthy estrogen metabolism and breast health in women, and supports normal prostate health in men┼
- Good source of protein from beans and legumes
- Super Seed does not contain any added sugars or artificial ingredients such as sweeteners, colorings or flavorings, unlike many popular mass market fiber supplements
- Two servings of Super Seed provide nearly 50% of the Daily Value for fiber
- Select ingredients in Super Seed are fermented using Garden of Life's proprietary Poten-Zyme® process to make nutrients more available to the body
- Most of the fiber in Super Seed is soluble. Each serving provides 6g of fiber from whole food ingredients
What is dietary fiber?
Fiber is a complex carbohydrate which is found in plants. The body does not digest fiber; instead the fiber component of food passes through the digestive system. There are two types of fiber - soluble and insoluble fiber. Much like it sounds, soluble fiber is fiber that dissolves in water and insoluble fiber is fiber that does not. The best way to get fiber is through a whole food diet of fruits, vegetables, grains, seeds and legumes.
The role fiber plays in a healthy diet became apparent at the turn of the century. Diets previously high in dietary fiber were altered to include the new "wonder foods," refined sugar and milled flour. The increased use of these foods, which were devoid of dietary fiber, led to a theory that connected a lack of fiber and the overall state of health. Several generations later, up to 100 million Americans experience some form of occasional digestive discomfort.
Super Seed® was formulated to include naturally occurring soluble and insoluble fiber from carefully selected grains, seeds and legumes that are easy on the gastrointestinal system. Super Seed does NOT include psyllium husk, which provides no nutritional value.
How does Super Seed® support normal gut flora balance?
Super Seed contains fiber components that act as prebiotics to support normal gut flora balance.┼
Why is dietary fiber important?
Vibrant health begins in the colon, and supplying your body with adequate dietary fiber every day is essential to colon function and overall health.┼
What makes Super Seed® better than other fiber supplements?
Many other fiber supplements rely on insoluble fiber alone and provide very little in the way of nutrition. Super Seed contains both naturally occurring soluble and insoluble fiber from carefully selected grains, seeds and legumes that are easy on the gastrointestinal system. Additionally, Super Seed contains no psyllium.
Supplement FactsServing Size:
1 scoop (20g)Servings per Container:
Directions for Use: Adults mix 1 scoop with any food or beverage one or more times per day. Children over 4 years old may take 1/2 scoop daily. Children should be supervised while consuming this product. Scoop included.
Other Directions: Probiotics are cultured in dairy which is generally consumbed during the fermentation process.
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value
Calories from Fat
Calcium (naturally occurring)
Iron (naturally occuring)
Perfect Fiber Blend (organic flax seed meal, whole chia seed)
Poten-Zyme Whole Food Fiber Blend
Amaranth sprout, quinoa sprout, millet sprout, organic buckwheat sprout, garbanzo bean sprout, lentil sprout, adzuki bean sprout, organic flax seed sprout, sunflower seed sprout, organic pumpkin seed sprout, chia seed sprout, organic sesame seed sprout
Omega-3 Fatty Acids (alpha linolenic acid)
Proprietary Probiotic Blend
* Daily value not established
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.