Glycolic Citrus Cleanser is an active cleanser formulated with Alpha Hydroxy Acids to stimulate and exfoliate the skin. Premium fruit acids and natural extracts help firm and retexturize skin to promote a healthy, glowing complexion.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid stimulates skin
- Biosacharrides provide anti-aging benefits
- Exfoliates, removes impurities, oil and makeup
- Produces even tone, firmer skin and smoother texture
- Glycolic Acid - Stimulates and exfoliates
- Hyaluronic Acid - Powerful humectant, promotes wound healing, softens skin
- NaPCA - Humectant, softens skin
- Arabinogalactan - Skin-softening polysaccharide, improves skin immunity and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Lecithin - Enhances transdermal delivery, anti-irritant
About Sanitas Skincare:
Sanitas believes that natural is nice but BIOGENIC is better! "Natural" is primarily marketing jargon. To a chemist, everything is natural, including poison ivy and cow manure! Biogenic ingredients are substances found in biology and naturally found in the skin. These ingredients respect millions of years of evolution and leverage existing reactions in the body so only a small amount is needed to enhance biochemistry. Sanitas products contain mainly active, biogenic ingredients such as PCA, squalane, alpha hydroxy acids, hyaluronic acid, beta glucan, peptides and fatty vitamins. Sanitas products are paraben and preservative free.
- Vegetable oils do not moisturize the skin and will actually prevent the skin from getting the moisture it needs from ambient humidity. In addition, vegetable oils contain fatty acids, which can be very unstable. When these fatty acids are exposed to oxygen or light, free radicals are created and can actually accelerate the aging process. The only oil they use topically at Sanitas is Jojoba Oil, a non-vegetable oil, which has a lipid profile that is very similar to human sebum. The bottom line is vegetable oils are not functional on skin or in skin care products, and they don't use them in Sanitas skin care products.
- Many skin care products use long ingredient decks, excipients, fillers and vehicles with perhaps 1% to 2% of the product containing active materials. Sanitas products contain pharmaceutical dosages of biogenic ingredients with high amounts of actives. In fact, some Sanitas products are 100% active.
- Sanitas products limit the use of waxes, emulsifying agents and synthetic moisturizers like stearic acid and isopropyl palmitate. Emulsifying agents are designed to pull water and oil together to create a stable cosmetic preparation. The problem with emulsifying agents is your skin is also oil and water. These ingredients will pull the oil and water out of your skin resulting in irritation and dryness. You don't need them on your skin!
- Sanitas doesn't overformulate their products - they utilize just a few key active materials with just enough vehicle to make the product usable.
- Sanitas topical skincare products are 100% kosher certified.
Apply to damp skin on face and neck. Gently lather with fingertips or facial brush. Rinse with warm water.
Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoyl Methyl Taurate, Distilled Water, Cocobetaine, Vegetable Glycerin, NaPCA, Glycolic Acid, Citrus Oil, Stearyl Dimonium Hydroxypropyl Laurylglycosides Chloride, Algae Extract, Mugwort Extract,Lonicera Caprifolium Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract, Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Anisate, Polysorbate 80, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sandalwood Extract, Phellodendron Amurense Bark Extract, Barley Extract, Galactoarabinan, Hyaluronic Acid, Lecithin, Polyquaternium 10.
Reviews | Ratings
First Previous Next Last
I alternate using this with the Milk and Honey cleanser. This one is great at evening skin tone and helping to prevent minor breakouts. I notice a big difference from it. The one thing it is not good at is removing makeup so I leave that to the Milk and Honey cleanser.
4/25/2013 4:59 PM
Great Exfoliating Cleanser
This is a great cleanser to use 2 to 3 times per week. It is not intended to be used daily. I think it has really lightened up my sun damage. I alternate it with the Sanitas Moisturizing Cleanser.
3/28/2012 7:19 PM
Not what I expected
This product was recommended to me for aging skin. It left my skin feeling dry and irritated. I had to discontinue using it after a few days.
1/25/2012 12:41 AM
First Previous Next Last