Sanitas Salicylic Herbal Cleanser 200ml
Salicylic Herbal Cleanser is an active cleanser formulated with Salicylic Acid to exfoliate skin, unclog pores, reduce breakouts and help even blotchy skin tone. Salicylic Herbal Cleanser also contains medicinal doses of anti-bacterial botanicals: Sage, Rosemary, Tea Tree Oil, Lavender, Ginger, Arnica and Chaparral.
- Soap-free cleanser designed to fight breakout-prone, blotchy, uneven skin
- Salicylic Acid dissolves sebum, exfoliates skin
- Anti-bacterial properties help eliminate blemish-causing bacteria
- Arnica, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils soothe, soften and heal
- Salicylic Acid - Dissolves sebum, antibacterial, stimulates and exfoliates
- Tea Tree Oil - Medicinal, fights acne-causing bacteria
- Fir Needle Oil - Antiseptic
- Arnica Oil - Anti-inflammatory
- Chaparral Oil - Antibacterial, anti-fungal
- Ginger Oil - Circulatory stimulant, antiseptic
- Sage Oil - Medicinal, antiseptic
- Lavender - Soothes skin
- Chlorophyll - Antioxidant, heals
- NaPCA - Biogenic moisturizer
About Sanitas Skincare:
Sanitas believes that natural is nice but BIOGENIC is better! "Natural" is primarily marketing jargon. To a chemist, everything is natural, including poison ivy and cow manure! Biogenic ingredients are substances found in biology and naturally found in the skin. These ingredients respect millions of years of evolution and leverage existing reactions in the body so only a small amount is needed to enhance biochemistry. Sanitas products contain mainly active, biogenic ingredients such as PCA, squalane, alpha hydroxy acids, hyaluronic acid, beta glucan, peptides and fatty vitamins. Sanitas products are paraben and preservative free.
- Vegetable oils do not moisturize the skin and will actually prevent the skin from getting the moisture it needs from ambient humidity. In addition, vegetable oils contain fatty acids, which can be very unstable. When these fatty acids are exposed to oxygen or light, free radicals are created and can actually accelerate the aging process. The only oil they use topically at Sanitas is Jojoba Oil, a non-vegetable oil, which has a lipid profile that is very similar to human sebum. The bottom line is vegetable oils are not functional on skin or in skin care products, and they don't use them in Sanitas skin care products.
- Many skin care products use long ingredient decks, excipients, fillers and vehicles with perhaps 1% to 2% of the product containing active materials. Sanitas products contain pharmaceutical dosages of biogenic ingredients with high amounts of actives. In fact, some Sanitas products are 100% active.
- Sanitas products limit the use of waxes, emulsifying agents and synthetic moisturizers like stearic acid and isopropyl palmitate. Emulsifying agents are designed to pull water and oil together to create a stable cosmetic preparation. The problem with emulsifying agents is your skin is also oil and water. These ingredients will pull the oil and water out of your skin resulting in irritation and dryness. You don't need them on your skin!
- Sanitas doesn't overformulate their products - they utilize just a few key active materials with just enough vehicle to make the product usable.
- Sanitas topical skincare products are 100% kosher certified.
Apply to damp skin on face and neck. Gently lather with fingertips or facial brush. Rinse with warm water.
Distilled Water, Decyl Polyglucoside, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Polysorbate 20, Cocobetaine, Glycerin, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Trioleate, Salicylic Acid, NaPCA, Lonicera Caprifolium Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract, Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Anisate, Tea Tree Oil, Ginger Oil, Arnica Oil, Fir Needle Oil, Rosemary Oil, Sage Oil, Lavender Oil, Chaparral Oil, Chlorophyll.
Reviews | Ratings
First Previous Next Last
I started using this product about four or five years ago, after I had tried a million different brands of face wash. I had mild (but persistent) acne, and my skin was oily and sensitive. I still use this face wash today (I'm now 20), and refuse to use anything else. I really, really recommend Sanitas. It's pricier than what you'll get at the pharmacy aisle at your local grocery store, but it's definitely worth the investment. I use this face wash coupled with the Oil Free Moisturizer, and love the results. My skin is clear, clean, and fresh!!
5/9/2013 1:10 AM
Almost 5 Stars
I would give this 5 stars (like every other Sanitas product I've used), but it leaves my face feeling rather dry/tight immediately afterwards. It's just not right for my skin type during the winter, but it's appropriate for summer.
12/29/2010 12:36 AM
First Previous Next Last