- Lemongrass Facial Polish features an exceptional selection of Ayurvedic medicinal plants, herbs and flowers known for their regenerating, wound healing, and anti-inflammative properties
- For all skin conditions
- with Neem, Tulsi and Manjishtha
In the ancient language of Sanskrit, the term 'Ahimsa' literally means non-violence, to do no harm.
Our new Lemongrass Facial Polish embodies this gentle philosophy of Ahimsa. It is an active, exfoliating treatment that targets deep pore cleansing and polishing of the skin, while respecting the fact that the skin is a living, vibrant and interactive organ. We make a distinction between products made with harsh, aggressive epidermal-dissolving acids -- and this serenely gentle, life-affirming, holistic, results-oriented Facial Polish.
Made by hand, each ingredient is added one-at-a-time, then sifted all together to create a fine, fragrant powder. It features an exceptional selection of Ayurvedic medicinal plants: herbs, roots, bark and flowers traditionally known for their skin regenerating, wound healing, anti-inflammatory and tonifying effects such as Neem, Tulsi, Manjishtha and Arjuna (beneficial for uneven pigmentation), all remarkable plant allies for addressing skin-related imbalances.
I created it specifically to purify and energize the skin, polish and exfoliate dead, dry surface cells peacefully without relying on the devitalizing action of chemical acids and peels, so common in skin care products today.
Consistent use reveals clarity and glow, tones and firms facial muscles, decongests pores, smoothes and refines complexion, minimizes uneven pigmentation, removes signs of heat and redness and balances excess oil secretion. Effective for use on most heat-related inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and acne. A multi-tasking product, Lemongrass Face Polish serves the role of cleanser, exfoliating treatment, mask, astringent, and skin tonic all rolled into one.
evanhealy is an artisan-quality skin care treatment line created by aesthetician Evan Healy. Her holistic approach draws from traditional plant lore, aromatherapy, ayurveda, and homeopathy. Through her experience with holistic therapies Evan has observed the connection between plants and skin. Rather than treating areas of imbalance such as an overly oily condition, the more holistic, successful and long-term solution is to support the totality of skin functions using simple plant-based formulations and non-invasive treatment methods. This approach encourages the skin, with its innate ability to regulate itself, to breathe.
1. EXFOLIATE - Combine anywhere from a pinch to a half teaspoon of powder in palm of hand with water or any of our Facial Tonic Hydrosols, such as our fresh Rose Petal Facial Tonic. Blend with fingertips to a creamy consistency and gently massage into slightly damp facial skin with fingertips using circular, upward movements. Remove completely with damp cloth and splashes of water. Honey, almond milk, coconut water, yogurt or cooled tea such as chamomile, rose petal or tulsi could also be used to mix with Lemongrass Facial Polish.
2. CLEANSE - Follow the Lemongrass Facial Polish with either of our Cleansing Milks or Tea Tree Gel. Rinse well and pat dry.
3. TONE - Hydrate skin with saturating mists of Facial Tonic Hydrosols, press into skin with clean fingers.
4. MOISTURIZE - Always follow with moisturizer. Choose between: Rose Vetiver or Blue Chamomile Day Moisturizer, Whipped Shea Butter w/ Olive Leaf, Light Moisture Replenishing Fluid, RoseHip Treatment, Pomegranate Repair, Argan Intensive Serum, or Neem Immortelle Facial Infusion.
Recommended use for Skin Conditions:
Normal to Oily/Congested: Can be used daily
Mature and Dry: 3 to 4 times a week
Sensitive and Fragile: 1 to 2 times a week
Methi (fenugreek powder), Fennel seed powder (shatapushpa or madhurika), Chickpea powder, Rice Bran, Moroccan Rhassoul Clay, Rosehip seed powder, Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia) - organic, Anantamul (also known as Sariva, Hemidismus indicus) - organic, Neem (Azadirachta indica) - organic, Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) - organic, Triphala, organic - [Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Bibhitaki (Terminalia belerica), Haritaki (Terminali chebula)], Arjuna myrobalan, org (Terminalia arjuna), Rose petal powder, Lemon peel powder, Lemongrass powder, Vetiver root powder - organic, India (Chrysopogon zizanioides), Lemongrass essential oil.