Sanitas Drying Lotion 15ml
Drying Lotion is formulated with active nutrients to speed the healing of irritated or blemished skin and to eliminate excess oil. Drying Lotion soothes and minimizes clogged, inflamed pores without causing flakiness and can help reduce ingrown hairs.
- Topical nutrients help dry excess oil and reduce sebum
- Leaves skin smooth, soft and dry witout causing flakiness or irritation
- Helps speed healing of broken or blemished skin
- Sulfur - Speeds healing, antibacterial
- Zinc - Speeds healing, antibacterial, oil absorbing
- Calcium - Improves cell turnover, skin healing
- Vitamin B5 - Prevents formation of excess oils
About Sanitas Skincare:
Sanitas believes that natural is nice but BIOGENIC is better! "Natural" is primarily marketing jargon. To a chemist, everything is natural, including poison ivy and cow manure! Biogenic ingredients are substances found in biology and naturally found in the skin. These ingredients respect millions of years of evolution and leverage existing reactions in the body so only a small amount is needed to enhance biochemistry. Sanitas products contain mainly active, biogenic ingredients such as PCA, squalane, alpha hydroxy acids, hyaluronic acid, beta glucan, peptides and fatty vitamins. Sanitas products are paraben and preservative free.
- Vegetable oils do not moisturize the skin and will actually prevent the skin from getting the moisture it needs from ambient humidity. In addition, vegetable oils contain fatty acids, which can be very unstable. When these fatty acids are exposed to oxygen or light, free radicals are created and can actually accelerate the aging process. The only oil they use topically at Sanitas is Jojoba Oil, a non-vegetable oil, which has a lipid profile that is very similar to human sebum. The bottom line is vegetable oils are not functional on skin or in skin care products, and they don't use them in Sanitas skin care products.
- Many skin care products use long ingredient decks, excipients, fillers and vehicles with perhaps 1% to 2% of the product containing active materials. Sanitas products contain pharmaceutical dosages of biogenic ingredients with high amounts of actives. In fact, some Sanitas products are 100% active.
- Sanitas products limit the use of waxes, emulsifying agents and synthetic moisturizers like stearic acid and isopropyl palmitate. Emulsifying agents are designed to pull water and oil together to create a stable cosmetic preparation. The problem with emulsifying agents is your skin is also oil and water. These ingredients will pull the oil and water out of your skin resulting in irritation and dryness. You don't need them on your skin!
- Sanitas doesn't overformulate their products - they utilize just a few key active materials with just enough vehicle to make the product usable.
- Sanitas topical skincare products are 100% kosher certified.
After cleansing and toning, apply to oily skin 1 to 2 times per day. Allow 60 seconds to dry. Follow with the appropriate Sanitas Moisturizer.
Distilled Water, Zinc Phenolsulfonate, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Lonicera Caprifolium Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica Flower Extract, Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Anisate, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Laureth-7.
Reviews | Ratings
First Previous Next Last
Effective and calming
I have struggled with acne for years and it's nice to find something that helps alleviate it. You can use this as a spot treatment or on a whole area and it reduces bumps without aggravating. As a heads up, you do have to apply a moisturizer on top because otherwise it'll leave your skin looking shiny.
4/2/2012 12:58 PM
Good product - helps blemishes
I really like this product because it helps with blemishes but does not dry them out too much. I've used other products in the past that dry blemishes too much and then my skin produced extra oil, which then results in more blemishes! This one is perfect because it doesn't keep up that bad cycle of over-drying skin.
3/23/2012 11:24 PM
First Previous Next Last