Say hello to Oxytrol® For Women, the first and only over-the-counter treatment that can help give you day and night relief from your most bothersome symptoms of OAB. Discreet and easy to wear, each Oxytrol® For Women patch lasts up to four days, so you're free to focus on the things that matter most.
No Prescription Required
While there is no cure for OAB, there are several products that can help you manage its symptoms. Oxytrol® For Women is unique because it is the only treatment available over the counter for overactive bladder in women.
Benefits of Oxytrol® For Women
- When combined with daily lifestyle modifications (timed urination, pelvic floor exercises and fluid management), patients saw a reduction of the OAB symptom of urinary accidents by 75% vs. 50% with placebo patch.
- Oxytrol® For Women provides long-lasting, consistent relief from OAB for four days and nights with only one patch. With four-day dosing, Oxytrol® For Women patches are convenient and easy to wear and don't limit activities.
- Since Oxytrol® For Women delivers medicine through the skin, the active ingredient, oxybutynin, does not pass through the liver and digestive tract in order to initially get into your bloodstream.
When using this product, you may have itching, rash or redness where the patch was placed.
Sleepiness, dizziness and blurry vision may also occur. Drinking alcohol may increase sleepiness. Do not drive or operate machinery until you know how the patch affects you.
Convenient and Discreet
Oxytrol® For Women patches are made to be discreet. Flexible, clear and extremely thin, they're undetectable under ordinary clothing.
How Oxytrol® For Women Works
Each Oxytrol® For Women patch delivers 3.9mg of oxybutynin per day for a continuous four days and nights. By helping to relax the bladder muscle, Oxytrol® For Women helps reduce urgency, frequency and accidents associated with OAB.
Directions for Use: STEP 1
Open one pouch and apply immediately (see step 2). Do not use if pouch is torn or opened.
Apply patch immediately to a clean, dry and smooth area of the skin on your abdomen, hips or buttocks.
Do not put the patch on oily, damaged (cut or scraped), or irritated (rashes) skin. Do not put the patch on skin with oils, lotions or powders because that could keep the patch from sticking to your skin. Wear the patch under clothing. Do not expose the patch to sunlight. Do not cut the patch into smaller pieces.
When you take off the used patch, fold it in half with the sticky sides together and throw it away so that it cannot be worn or swallowed by another person, especially a child, or a pet.
Wear only one patch at a time for four days in a row. After four days, remove the used patch and apply a new one. Each time you put on a new patch, change the place where you put it (i.e. abdomen, hips or buttocks).
If a patch falls off and you cannot press it back onto your skin, use a new patch. Apply the new patch in a different area of skin on your abdomen, hips or buttocks.
Do not use if you:
- Have any of these symptoms, which could be the sign of a UTI or other serious condition. See your doctor as soon as possible if you have:
- Pain or burning when urinating. These symptoms may also be accompanied by a fever or chills
- Blood in your urine
- Unexplained lower back or side pain
- Urine that is cloudy, or foul-smelling
- Are male. Your symptoms may be due to a more serious condition
- Are under the age of 18. It is not known if it works or is safe in children
- Only experience accidental urine loss when you cough, sneeze or laugh, you may have stress incontinence. This product will not work for that condition
- Have been told by a doctor you have urinary retention (are not able to empty your bladder)
- Have been told by a doctor you have gastric retention (your stomach empties slowly after a meal)
- Have glaucoma
- Are allergic to oxybutynin
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- Symptoms of diabetes, such as:
- Excessive thirst
- Extreme hunger
- Unexplained weight loss
- Liver or kidney disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are:
- Taking a prescription medication for overactive bladder
- Taking any drugs that may cause sleepiness, dizziness, dry mouth, constipation or blurred vision
- Taking certain antibiotics (for example, erythromycin, clarithromycin) or prescription antifungals (for example, ketoconazole, itraconazole)
Oxybutynin 3.9 mg/day.
Acrylic adhesive, polyester/ethylene-vinyl acetate film, siliconized polyester film, and triacetin. Oxytrol® For Women patches are latex-free, self-adhesive, and made of three layers. The first layer is the backing film. The second layer contains oxybutynin, skin permeability enhancer and adhesive. And the third is the release liner.