Jarrow Formulas SAM-e Joint 60 tablets
Promotes: Longevity*, Joint Strength*, Liver Detoxification*, Mood and Brain Function*
- 68-80% Active S,S Form
- Supports Joint, Liver, and Brain Health*
- Individually Blister-Packed
Jarrow FORMULAS® SAM-e JOINTTM provides a full 200 mg SAM-e (net yield) and 525 mg of glucosamine hydrochloride in every enteric-coated tablet. SAM-e JOINTTM is manufactured under low temperature and low humidity and is enteric-coated to ensure a biologically active product. SAM-e and glucosamine are known to benefit joint function and recuperation.
Contains More of the Active S,S Form
SAM-e: Found in all living cells, SAM-e is a metabolite of methionine (an essential amino acid). SAM-e is a chiral molecule and consists of two forms: (S,S) SAM-e and (R,S) SAM-e. The biologically active form is the (S,S) structure, while the (R,S) structure is biologically inactive. Jarrow FORMULAS® SAM-e is made naturally by microbiological fermentation and then specially processed without solvents to preserve 68-80% (S,S) SAM-e, the highest active level available.
Glucosamine: Glucosamine is an aminosaccharide synthesized by transamidase enzymes from glucose and an amine group from glutamine. HCl (hydrochloric acid) stabilizes the glucosamine in this product. Glucosamine is a component of joint and intestinal tissue and is involved in the production of synovial fluid that lubricates the joints.*
SAM-e has been clinically shown to have the following benefits:
- Joint Strength SAM-e supports the production of healthy connective tissue through transulfuration. In this process, critical components of connective tissue, including glucosamine and the chondroitin sulfates, are sulfated by SAM-e metabolites.*
- Brain Metabolism SAM-e methylation reactions are involved in the synthesis of neurotransmitters such as L-DOPA, dopamine and related hormones, epinephrine and phosphatidylcholine (a component of lecithin).*
- Longevity Methylation of DNA appears to be important in the suppression of errors in DNA replication. Demethylation of DNA is considered a contributor to the aging process.* Proper methylation through substances such as SAM-e positively influences longevity.*
- Liver SAM-e metabolism supports the synthesis of glutathione (GSH) and glutathione-dependent enzymes (glutathione peroxidase and glutathione-S-transferase), which are substances important for liver function.*
Supplement FactsServing Size:
1 tabletServings per Container:
Directions for Use: Take 1 tablet 1 or 2 times per day on an empty stomach, or as directed by your qualified health care consultant.
Other Directions: Do not use if allergic to shellfish. Individuals using prescribed medications such as antidepressants, including Selective Serotonin Re-Uptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) and MAO Inhibitors should consult a physician before using. Individuals with Parkinson's disease, bi-polar disorder or manic depression should not use SAM-e.
* Daily value not established
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Cellulose, enteric coating (methacrylate copolymers), glyceryl behenate, silicon dioxide, talc, magnesium silicate, triethyl citrate, glyceryl palmitostearate, medium chain triglycerides, magnesium stearate (vegetable source), titanium dioxide, sorbitan oleate, yellow ochre, and red iron oxide. Contains: Shellfish (crab). No wheat, no gluten, no soybeans, no dairy, no egg, no fish, no peanuts/tree nuts.
Reviews | Ratings
This has not yet been reviewed.