Metagenics Somnolin 30 tablets
Support for Serotonin Function*
Somnolin features a complementary blend of nutrients, including L-5-HTP, theanine, and targeted B vitamins, to promote a restful, relaxed state and relieve occasional sleeplessness.*
- Supports balanced levels of the neurotransmitters gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), serotonin, and dopamine with clinically beneficial levels of L-5-HTP and theanine.*
- Theanine may influence the generation of alpha brain waves associated with a deep state of relaxation.*
- Supports healthy neurological function with targeted B vitamins-including an exclusive source of biologically active L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate (L-5-MTHF) and methylcobalamin. Research suggests that L-5-MTHF may cross the blood-brain barrier.*
- Provides L-5-HTP from the herb Griffonia simplicifolia.
- Supplies a highly concentrated dose.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Supplement FactsServing Size:
2 tabletsServings per Container:
Directions for Use: Take two tablets daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. May be taken during the day or before bedtime.
Other Directions: Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Not recommended for those under 18 years of age. If taking antidepressant medication, particularly antidepressants such as MAO inhibitors or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), avoid use. If you have a medical condition, or are taking medication-including over-the-counter cold medicine, consult your healthcare practitioner before use. Use with caution when driving or operating machinery, may cause drowsiness. Keep out of the reach of children.
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl)
Folate (as L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate┼)
Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)
L-5-Hydroxytryptophan (L-5-HTP)(from Griffonia simplicifolia)
* Daily value not established
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Microcrystalline cellulose, cellulose, stearic acid (vegetable), croscarmellose sodium, silica. This product is Gluten Free and Vegetarian.
Reviews | Ratings
First Previous Next Last
Sleep Aid and Stress
This is a great sleep aid--it is one of my favorite remedies for anyone who is looking for a supplement with stress reduction as well. This product contains 200mg of 5HTP (a precursor molecule for serotonin), as well as the amino acid L-theanine (which also aids in reducing stress). Note: Speak to your doctor before taking this product if you are currently taking an anti-depressent.
5/17/2012 8:23 PM
First Previous Next Last
Brentwood, Calif., Pharmaca