Promotes: Longevity*, Joint Strength*, Liver Detoxification*, Mood and Brain Function*
- Central biochemical building block
- 68-80% Active S,S Form
- Made Naturally By Fermentation
- Individually Blister-Packed
Jarrow FORMULAS® SAM-e 200 provides a full 200 mg SAM-e (net yield) from 400 mg of SAM-e tosylate disulfate. SAM-e 200 is manufactured under low temperature and low humidity and is enteric-coated to ensure a biologically active product.
Contains More of the Active S,S Form
Found in all living cells, SAM-e is a metabolite of methionine (an essential amino acid). SAM-e is a chiral molecule and consists of two forms: (S,S) SAM-e and (R,S) SAM-e. The biologically active form is the (S,S) structure, while the (R,S) structure is biologically inactive. Jarrow FORMULAS® SAM-e is made naturally by microbiological fermentation and then specially processed without solvents to preserve 68-80% (S,S) SAM-e, the highest active level available.
SAM-e has been clinically shown to have the following benefits:
- Joint Strength SAM-e supports the production of healthy connective tissue through transulfuration. In this process, critical components of connective tissue, including glucosamine and the chondroitin sulfates, are sulfated by SAM-e metabolites.*
- Brain Metabolism SAM-e methylation reactions are involved in the synthesis of neurotransmitters such as L-DOPA, dopamine and related hormones, epinephrine and phosphatidylcholine (a component of lecithin).*
- Longevity Methylation of DNA appears to be important in the suppression of errors in DNA replication. Demethylation of DNA is considered a contributor to the aging process.* Proper methylation through substances such as SAM-e positively influences longevity.*
- Liver SAM-e metabolism supports the synthesis of glutathione (GSH) and glutathione-dependent enzymes (glutathione peroxidase and glutathione-S-transferase), which are substances important for liver function.*
Supplement FactsServing Size:
1 tabletServings per Container:
Directions for Use: Take 1 tablet 1 or 2 times per day on an empty stomach or as directed by your qualified health care consultant.
Other Directions: Individuals using prescribed medications such as antidepressants, including Selective Serotonin Re-Uptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) and MAO Inhibitors should consult a physician before using. Individuals with Parkinson's disease, bi-polar disorder or manic depression should not use SAM-e.
* Daily value not established
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Cellulose, mannitol, glyceryl behenate, magnesium stearate (vegetable source), silicon dioxide, sodium starch glycolate, enteric coating (methacrylate copolymers), magnesium silicate, titanium dioxide, triethyl citrate, riboflavin, glyceryl palmitostearate, and medium chain triglycerides. Suitable for vegetarians/vegans. No wheat, no gluten, no soybeans, no dairy, no egg, no fish/shellfish, no peanuts/tree nuts.