- Water filtration pitcher with distinctive style and xlarge 9-glass water capacity
- Convenient pour-through lid allows direct filling of the basin
- Made of BPA-free plastic
- Dishwasher safe
- Uses Maxtra Filters
What are the benefits of MAVEA filtered water?
Tap water, while safe to drink, may contain substances which affect its taste, smell, appearance and overall quality. MAVEA filtered water significantly reduces chlorine taste and odor making your drinking water clearer and refreshingly delicious. MAVEA filtered water:
- Makes great-tasting drinking water and beverages including, coffee and tea. Even your ice cubes look and taste better.
- Makes coffee and tea develop their full flavor
- Increases the life span of domestic appliances by reducing limescale build up
How does the MAVEA filtration system work?
The MAVEA filtration technology is an optimal mixture of activated carbon and ion exchange resin beads that work together with the unique cartridge shape to improve water taste and reduce limescale* and other contaminants (e.g. cadmium, copper, mercury, atrazine, simazine, benzene and tetrachloroethylene). *Limescale reduction certified in internal tests, not certified by WQA
How does the filter cartridge work?
The filter works in four easy steps:
- Step 1: Intensive Pre-Filtration: The water flows through a fine mesh filter.
- Step 2: Ion Exchange Filtration: The ion exchange resin reduces lime scale (carbonate hardness), cadmium, copper, and mercury.
- Step 3: Activated Carbon Filtration: The activated carbon significantly reduces substances that affect smell and taste such as chlorine, benzene, tetrachloroethylene, atrazine, and simazine.
- Step 4: Intensive Final Filtration: The special fine mesh filter retains the particle mixture.
How often do I have to change the cartridge?
Water quality varies considerably so to ensure that your pitcher is always working well we recommend that the cartridge is changed every two months. For best results use the Smart Meter as it tells you exactly when to change your filter so there is no second guessing.
How long does it take to filter the water?
The filter process takes approximately one minute.