Pharmaca's Integrative Health Advisory Board
Pharmaca recently established the Integrative Health Advisory Board (IHAB) to help educate consumers, healthcare professionals and the media on the safe and effective use of integrative medicine.
IHAB members have a strong background in science, traditional and Western medicine, and serve as advisors in Pharmaca’s educational endeavors, from topic-focused blog posts and videos, to Team Member training.
Current members of the Integrative Health Advisory Board:
Dr. Michael Murray, ND
Dr. Murray is widely regarded as one of the world's leading authorities on natural medicine. He has written more than 30 books and numerous articles for major publications; appeared on 100s of radio and TV programs; and lectured to hundreds of thousands of people nationwide. He is a graduate and faculty member of Bastyr University and now serves on their Board of Regents.
- Is co-author of A Textbook of Natural Medicine, the definitive textbook on naturopathic medicine for physicians, as well as the consumer version, The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine.
- Has received 3 Lifetime Industry Achievement Awards
- Serves as the Chief Science Officer for Enzymedica
- Has been instrumental in bringing many effective natural products to America, including glucosamine sulfate, gingko biloba extract, St. John’s wort, PharmaGABA and more.
Dr. Tori Hudson, ND
Dr. Hudson, ND, has been in practice for more than 32 years and serves as Medical Director of her clinic, A Woman’s Time, in Portland, Ore. Dr. Hudson graduated from the National University of Natural Medicine (NUNM) in 1984. She is a nationally recognized lecturer, author, researcher and clinician, and serves on several editorial boards and advisory panels, including the medical advisory board for the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
- Serves as Program Director for the Institute of Women’s Health and Integrative Medicine
- Is the Director of Research, Development and Education for Vitanica, an herbal/nutritional supplement company that creates women’s health care products
- Her book, Women’s Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine is the leading resource on women’s health and natural medicine
- Earned the President’s Award from the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians for her research in women’s health, the Naturopathic Physician of the Year Award, the NUNM Alumni Pioneer Award, The Natural Products Association 2009 Pioneer Award and the 2016 Living Legends Award of the Oregon Association of Naturopathic Physicians.
Dr. David Riley, MD
David Riley MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, a medical journal editor and writer, and has conducted clinical research in integrative medicine since 1992. He is trained in several integrative medicine disciplines and is an editor with The Permanente Journal and IMCJ.
- Has collaborated on the development of important health research reporting guidelines, including Consolidated Standards of Reporting Trials (CONSORT) and Case Report (CARE)
- Serves on the board of the HPCUS, a technical advisory board to the FDA
- Serves as an adjunct professor at Helfgott Research Institute in Portland, Ore.
- Consults internationally on issues related to integrative medicine, including past work with the WHO and Dubai Health Care City