Dr. Hauschka’s Commitment to Authenticity, Integrity & Transparency
Dr. Hauschka Skin Care proudly displays the mark of NATRUE certification, an international standard for natural and organic skin care. NATRUE certification ensures that a product has met the strongest criteria available for natural ingredients in cosmetics, as verified by an independent certifier.
NATRUE is a non-profit, international association founded by some of the true pioneers of natural and organic cosmetics. The NATRUE seal establishes a natural and organic cosmetic certification that is internationally recognized, transparent and whose criteria is readily available to consumers worldwide.
NATRUE certification assures our customers of our products’ purity and quality. It is awarded exclusively to products and manufacturers that meet the following standards:
- Raw materials derived from nature
- Minimal processing
- Free of synthetic fragrances, colors and dyes
Safety and Purity
- No petroleum-derived synthetics (parabens, propylene glycol, silicones)
- Exclusively non-toxic processing methods (no PEG’s, Sodium Laureth Sulfate)
- No nano-engineered ingredients
- No irradiation at any stage of production
- Demonstrated efforts to avoid genetically modified organisms
- Eco-friendly harvesting and processing
- No animal testing
- Socially responsible business practices
- Recyclable/biodegradable packaging
As Dr. Hauschka transitions from certification by the BDIH, an association of German product manufacturers, to the international standard set by NATRUE, some products may still display BDIH certification. The BDIH’s standards are comparable to those set by NATRUE and their “Guidelines for Natural Cosmetics” are amongst the most selective available. Following comprehensive independent testing and verification, BDIH certification is awarded exclusively to products that are free of synthetic preservatives, fragrances, dyes and petroleum-derived synthetics.