Last Updated: June 25, 2020
- What is Personal Information?
- Types of Personal Information We Collect and Use
- How We Use Personal Information
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- How We Protect the Confidentiality of Personal Information
- Accessing, Updating, or Deleting Personal Information
- Opting Out of Receiving Electronic Communications
- California Residents
- Personal Information Transferred from the U.S.
- Children’s Privacy
- Other Websites and Sites, Including Social Media
- How to Contact Us
1. What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is information that identifies or relates to a particular individual. Examples of Personal Information include, among others, name, email address, phone number, mailing address, and online identifiers.
2. Types of Personal Information We Collect and Use
A. Information that You Provide Us
In various places on the Site, we request information from you via forms. The exact information we need to collect (including Personal Information) will depend on the purpose of the form. For example, when you make a purchase on pharmaca.com or otherwise, create an account, participate in a sweepstakes or contest or any other promotion, post a product review, engage with us on our social media platforms, participate in one of our surveys, send us any feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, or interact with us in any way, you provide us with Personal Information, such as: your name, email address, mailing address, ZIP code, phone number and credit card numbers. This allows us to process your transactions more efficiently, offer you promotions, contests and other opportunities and, ultimately, give you a higher caliber of customer service.
As another example, if you apply for employment, you may submit resumes and cover letters to us for consideration. We will use this information only for employment and related purposes. Information submitted will not be returned to the applicant and will be retained by us in accordance with our retention practices.
We will indicate on the form whether a particular field of information is mandatory or optional. If you choose not to provide certain information, we may not be able to provide requested services.
B. Information We Automatically Collect from You
- Cookies, Device Identifiers, and Similar technologies
Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies, and your mobile device may allow you to disable transmission of unique identifiers and location data. If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of the Site may not be available or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review the help pages of your browser or mobile device for assistance with changing your settings.
To assist us with analyzing our website traffic through cookies and similar technologies, we use analytics services, including Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics’s processing of your information, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps.” To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on for Google Analytics, which can be found here (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/).
To help us connect with new audiences, we may engage some of these third parties to temporarily process limited amounts of Personal Information of existing customers to help find customers in similar demographics. When we engage them to do so, we take steps to avoid or minimize the use of Personal Information—such as converting information on our end into a cryptographic hash, then providing only the hash to a service provider. The service provider is then only able to correlate the hash with information already in its possession to help us reach out to people with similar interests as our current audience.
- Log File Information
When you use our Site, our servers automatically record information, including your Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), browser type, referring URLs (e.g., the site you visited before coming to our Site), domain names associated with your internet service provider, information on your interaction with the Site, and other such information (collectively, “Log File Information”). We may also collect similar information from emails sent to you which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. We use Log File Information collected from our implementation of the Site to help secure the Site by identifying potential threats and vulnerabilities and in analyzing the effectiveness of our Site to improve the Site’s function and content.
We collect the following types of information automatically through your use of the Site:
3. How We Use Personal Information
- Completing and fulfilling transactions – such as receiving, processing, confirming, shipping, and tracking your orders; communicating with you regarding your orders, subscriptions, and registrations; and providing you with our loyalty program including earning points and awarding and redeeming certificates;
- Handling your customer service requests;
- Providing our Site to you;
- Analyzing use of and improving the Site;
- Enabling secure use of the Site;
- Detecting and preventing fraud;
- Conducting advertising campaigns that are tailored to your preferences;
- Running contests, promotions, and sweepstakes;
- Sending information and promotional materials;
- Considering your job application;
- Protecting our rights or our property;
- Meeting legal obligations;
- Creating de-identified and aggregated information; and
- For other purposes related to the reasons for which you provide Personal Information.
We use Personal Information the following purposes:
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
- Our Service Providers. We employ service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in operating the Site or our business (including service providers who facilitate our job application and hiring processes). For example, we engage third parties to provide analytics services, to ship orders, to process payments, to advertise our products and services, to help us analyze information for marketing purposes, and to host the Site. We take commercially reasonable steps to help ensure our service providers provide at least the same level of protection for Personal Information as we do.
- Companies Involved in Mergers and Acquisitions Transactions. If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of our business or assets to another organization (e.g., in the course of a transaction like a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation), any information collected through the Site, including Personal Information, may be among the items sold or transferred.
- Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Courts. We may disclose Personal Information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies; in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish, protect, or exercise our rights; to defend against a legal claim; to protect the rights, property, or safety of any other person; or as otherwise required by law.
5. How We Protect the Confidentiality of Personal Information
We protect the confidentiality and security of information we obtain in the course of business. We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Site secure.
Despite these efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment, we cannot guarantee the security of Personal Information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties such as hackers from illegally obtaining access to Personal Information. We do not represent or warrant that Personal Information about you will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
6. Accessing, Updating, or Deleting Personal Information
If you would like to otherwise access, update, or delete Personal Information about you, you may submit a request to the contact information provided in Section 13, below. We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable law.
7. Opting Out of Receiving Electronic Communications
We may send notifications, promotions, or other information via email or text message (“Communications”). You may choose to stop receiving Communications by indicating your preference in your account profile or settings. Please note that certain Site-related Communications are necessary for the proper functioning and use of the Site and you may not have the ability to opt out of those Communications.
8. California Residents
This section applies to our collection and use of “Personal Information”, as defined under California law, if you are a resident of California.
A. Categories of Personal Information Collected, Used, and Disclosed
- Identifiers:your contact information, including first and last name, postal address, email address, and phone number; and other identifying information, including IP address, social media user names, Pharmaca-account passwords and other security information for authentication and access;
- Financial Information:credit card, debit card and bank account information and other categories of information listed in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e);
- Geolocation data;
- Internet or Other Electronic Activity:information about how you navigate our Site and which elements of our Site you use the most;
- Commercial Information:products purchased or viewed on our website, loyalty program information, and contest or survey information;
- Audio and Visual Information:videos and photos that you submit, to the extent meeting the definition of Personal Information
- Inferences Drawn:Information derived from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitude.
In accordance with California law, we collected the following categories of Personal Information within the preceding 12 months:
- Professional or employment-related information:Current or past job information, if you apply for a job;
- Protected Classifications:To the extent required or permitted by law (e.g., to provide reasonable accommodations or for compliance with equal opportunity reporting requirements), we may collect information such as age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
If you are a job applicant, we may also collect the following categories:
We share each of these categories of Personal Information with our service providers to the extent necessary for them to facilitate our business purposes (including any purpose specified in Section 3, above).
Additionally, within the past 12 months, some of our online advertisers may have used and disclosed Internet or Electronic Activity information collected automatically from the Service. This may be a “sale” as broadly defined under the CCPA. Therefore, we provide you the right to opt out of this “sale” of Personal Information as described, below.
B. Your California Privacy Rights
- Right to Know. You may have the right to request information on the categories of personal information that we collected in the previous twelve (12) months, the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, and the business purposes for which such personal information is collected and shared. You also have the right to request information on the categories of Personal Information which were disclosed for business purposes, and the categories of third parties in the twelve (12) months preceding your request for your personal information.
- Right to Delete. You may have a right to request us to delete Personal Information that we collected from you.
- Right to Opt-Out.
- California’s “Shine the Light” Law Disclosure. Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by Pharmaca pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us using the Contact Information below.
If you are a resident of the California, you have the following rights:
If you would like to exercise your rights listed above, please contact (or have your authorized agent contact) us using the contact details provided in Section 13, below. When doing so, please tell us which right you are exercising and provide us with contact information to direct our response.
Please note that we must verify your identity before fulfilling your requests. If we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process. Any Personal Information you disclose to us for purposes of verifying your identity will solely be used for the purpose of verification.
You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by any business when you exercise your California privacy rights.
Note to Job Applicants: Under California law, information collected and used in connection with a job application is exempt from the rights stated above. Therefore, to help prevent the unauthorized access or deletion of Personal Information, we may decline any requests to access or delete Personal Information collected from job applicants. We will treat all such information as confidential and dispose of it in accordance with our retention policy.
9. Personal Information Transferred from the U.S.
10. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any Personal Information from children. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child, we will promptly take steps to delete that information.
11. Other Websites and Sites, Including Social Media
We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our Site, including the information or content contained within them. A link to a third party’s website should not be construed as an endorsement. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing Personal Information to third parties.
13. How to Contact Us