Flora DHA Vegetarian Algae 60 softgels
Vegetarian DHA - Get your Omega-3 where the fish get it from!
- Source of DHA (Omega-3 fatty acid) for the maintenance of good health.
- Reduces serum triglycerides.
- When used during pregnancy and breastfeeding DHA supports healthy neural and vision development of an infant.
- Helps support cognitive health by improving memory and learning functions in an aging population.
Omega-3 might be called "Ã‹-fish oil' but did you know that it doesn't actually come from fish? It's true! The fish get it from eating algae so we're going straight to the source with this product. By sourcing our Omega-3 from algae you don't have to worry about sustainability toxicity or heavy metals.
DHA is well-know and well-studied with regards to not only general health but also reducing serum triglycerides. Low triglyceride levels are important because a person's risk for Coronary Heart Disease is increased whenever triglyceride levels are high. DHA also supports the proper functioning of brains and is needed for normal physical development of the brain eyes and nerves primarily in children under two years of age.
DHA is one of the most important long-chain fatty acids in the omega-3 family: 97% of the fatty acids found in the brain and 93% of the fatty acids found in the retina are in the form of DHA. The body can convert DHA to EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) an omega-3 fatty acid that is a precursor to the production of prostaglandins which help promote good health.
- For the maintenance of good health:Take 1 capsule 1-3 times daily with food.
- For lowering serum triglycerides:Take 2 capsules 3 times daily with food.
- For cognitive health support:Take 2 capsules 2 times daily with food. Use for a minimum of 6 months to see beneficial effects on cognitive function.
Children 6-10 years old (For improving reading & behaviour): Take 3 capsules daily with food.
Children 6-18 years old (For the maintenance for good health):Take 1 capsule 1-2 times daily with food.
Pregnant and breastfeeding women: Take 1 capsule 1-2 times daily with food.
Supplement FactsServing Size: 1 vcapsule
Servings per Container: 60
Directions for Use: Take 1 capsule 1-3 times daily with food.
Amount per Serving% Daily Value
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) (Sourced from 715 mg of Schizochytrium spp. oil)250mg*
* Daily value not established
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Medium-chain triglycerides, high oleic sunflower oil, modified food starch, carrageenan, glycerin, sodium carbonate / sorbitol,rosemary extract, sunflower lecithin, mixed tocopherols, ascorbyl palmitate, purified water.