Jarrow Formulas Lutein 120 softgels
Supports Visual Function* and Macular Health*
- Lutein & Zeaxanthin Softgel
- Clinically-Documented Eye Health and Support*
- Concentrated In The Macula
- Oxidative Stress Protection*
- Must Come From the Diet Like a Vitamin
- 20 Milligrams Lutein Per Serving
- Lutein as LuteinSorb® Delivers Fat-Soluble Free Lutein and Zeaxanthin in a Lipid Matrix for Greater Absorption.
What Does Lutein Do?
Lutein is an antioxidant carotenoid that occurs in nature with zeaxanthin, a closely related carotenoid. Lutein and zeaxanthin concentrate in the eye's macula and lens, as well as in the brain, skin, breast and cervical tissues.* Both lutein and zeaxanthin protect the macula from degradation normally associated with aging and oxidative stress.* The macula is responsible for focus and color differentiation. Lutein and zeaxanthin are found in dark green, leafy vegetables. While the average American intake of lutein is only 2 mg per day, other population groups consume up to 20 to 25 mg per day.
Jarrow Formulas® Lutein is extracted from marigold petals. Each softgel contains 20 mg lutein (net yield) as free lutein, the form found in the macula.*
Sunflower oil, beeswax and natural mixed tocopherols (added to maintain freshness). Softgel consists of bovine gelatin, glycerin and purified water.
No wheat, gluten, dairy, egg, fish/shellfish, or peanuts/tree nuts.