Nature’s Way creates herbal vitamins and supplements to help boost health and improve wellness. Pharmaca carries a variety of Nature’s Way products, including their ALIVE! Vitamins and probiotic supplements.
About Nature's Way
Quality is the top priority at Nature’s Way, which has Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) certifications from two leading agencies, and an organically certified, certified kosher and Parve manufacturing facility. Nature’s Way is a pioneer of science-based supplement development with a pharmaceutical-minded commitment to quality.
Nature’s Way believes in unrelenting laboratory testing and support of patented and well-researched products. They stay on the cutting edge by participating in industry methods development, and publishing their research in scientific, peer-reviewed journals.
The results are a family of products whose efficacy is based on either scientifically valid secondary research, or their own primary research. Such efforts clearly outshine what is typical in an industry where little is required but so much is expected. Nature’s Way has done the homework so you can use their products with absolute confidence.
Nature’s Way originated from a circumstance we can all understand—a family's desperate need to overcome a personal health crisis. Back in the late 1960s, Tom Murdock, the founder of what is now Nature's Way, needed a solution to help his gravely ill wife. After trying conventional medicine without success, Tom and his wife turned to the traditional Native American knowledge of “medicinal plants” growing in the Arizona desert. As a result, she recovered and lived an additional 25 years.
Tom Murdock’s pioneering spirit did more than save a life—it led to the renaissance of herbal medicine in America. As word spread about his wife’s recovery, Tom set out to find other healthy treasures growing in the Arizona desert. By 1969, Tom and his family had eight new herbal remedies to share with others and thus began the legacy of Nature’s Way.
Quality Assurance Standards from Schwabe
Schwabe North America (SNA), producer of the Enzymatic Therapy, Nature's Way and Integrative Therapeutics brands, is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-quality dietary supplements. Their focus on quality assurance includes both internal and external quality evaluations.
As part of their internal quality control procedures, they have developed a multi-million dollar state-of-the-art laboratory with advanced analytical equipment that is staffed by highly trained chemists and microbiologists. This facility allows them to monitor and test ingredients and products at various points during the manufacturing process. These tests include:
- High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography (HPTLC) Identity Tests – verifies the identity of botanical ingredients and detects adulteration or mislabeling
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS) – tests for trace heavy metal contaminants such as lead, mercury, arsenic and cadmium
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectrometry (ICP-OES) – tests for mineral presence and quantity
- Disintegration, Dissolution – ensures that the tablet or capsule dissolves in the body; performed according to standards specified by the United States Pharmacopoeia
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) – measures the quantity of active ingredients in herbs and vitamins
- Capillary Electrophoresis (CE) – tests for the presence and quantity of amino-acid containing ingredients
- Gas Chromatography – Mass Spectrometry (GC-MS) – measures the quantity of volatile active ingredients and tests for contaminants such as pesticides and residual solvents
- Microbiological – tests examine for bacterial, yeast, mold, and pathogen contamination
- FTIR – tests for unique "chemical fingerprints" to identify non-botanical ingredients
Their external quality standards include performing Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) audits of suppliers, verifying that suppliers have the proper manufacturing licenses and that all materials or products made for SNA are produced under GMP conditions.
SNA is also certified as an Organic Processor by Quality Assurance International (QAI). QAI confirms annually that our manufacturing processes and facilities are compliant with the National Organic Program (NOP) rules for the production of organically certified products.
Schwabe North America will continue to increase their investments in raw materials, manufacturing equipment and quality control personnel and technology to ensure that their products are of the highest quality and efficacy. They believe that only through this unyielding commitment to quality materials and quality processes can they continue to Enhance Life Through the Power of Nature.
Nature's Way Product Info
Alive! features five complete formulas with vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients formulated for all adults. Each provides over 20 fruits and vegetables plus support for healthy bones, colon, eyes, daily energy, heart and immunity. The Ultra Potency and Max Potency formulas also provide green foods, citrus bioflavonoids, organic mushrooms, herbs and digestive enzymes. Now with Premium B-Vitamins! Featuring the active form of B12 (methylcobalamin) and folate (L-Methylfolate to convert food to fuel.
Alive offers Ultra Potency Once Daily tablet formulas for Men, Women and 50+. Complete Gummy formulas for Men, Women, 50+, Children and a new Teens Gummy with Lutemax to help with Blue Light damage to the eyes. Alive offers Ultra Potency Once Daily tablet formulas for Men, Women and 50+. Complete Gummy formulas for Men, Women, 50+, Children.
- 20 vitamins and minerals at or above 100% of Daily Value!
- 12 vitamins and minerals at or above 200% of Daily Value!
- Ultra Potency and Max Potency formulas also provide green foods, citrus bioflavonoids, organic mushrooms, herbs and digestive enzymes.
Fortify is committed to delivering high quality probiotics. Products are DNA Certified and Third Party tested to ensure the probiotic strains listed on the label are actually in the product. The strains are researched at the amount clinically shown to support digestive, immune, women's and colon health. Fortify is committed to providing to a guaranteed potency, delivering live probiotic cultures until the date of expiration without refrigeration while preventing moisture to maintain high quality and potency. Leaders across the industry, Fortify is Doctor Preferred, Non-GMO Certified and Certified Gluten-Free.
Fortify offers Extra Strength Probiotics and Prebiotics.
Boericke & Tafel
Boericke & Tafel® is one of the nation’s oldest homeopathic pharmaceutical companies, established in 1835.
Umcka ColdCare Pelargonium sidoides 1X is the main ingredient in Umcka ColdCare. That means you’re getting a medicine that works safely with your body—not against it! It’s clinically proven to help you recover faster, reduces the severity of cold and flu symptoms and is available in a variety of formulas.
Nature’s Way umcka is also responsibly sourced. With more than 300 different species of umckaloabo indigenous to the Cape Provinces of Southern Africa, harvesting just the right one is a practice in expertise and patience. Nature’s Way farms and collects umcka in a way that ensures the sustainability of the plant for generations to come.
Nature's Way Certifications
Non-GMO and Tru-ID Certfied
The Non-GMO Project Standard
- Rigorous process to verify products and ingredients avoid GMO contamination
- Standard evolves to ensure current best practices continue to be followed
TRU-ID Certification benefits
- Protects consumers from contaminated ingredients
- Promotes honest in product formulas
- Gives consumers confidence in product authenticity
We adhere to the strictest of quality standards in our manufacturing practices
NSF International GMP Certification
Orthodox Union Kosher Certification
Quality Assurance International Organic Certification
Therapeutic Goods Assosciation GMP Certification
Islamic Food and Nutrition Council of America Halal Certification
USDA National Organic Program Certification
Bottles Made from 97% Post-Consumer Recycled Plastic
Bottled & Tested in the USA
Nature's Way Videos
Nature's Way KiDS
More about Alive!
Learn more about Nature’s Way’s commitment to quality without compromise
Finding where herbs grow best
Umcka and Elderberry
Fortify from within
Probiotics and immunity