We all know the benefits of exercise: stress relief, weight loss, more energy.
But some days, you need some extra motivation to keep moving. We’ve got you covered.
- Make it fun! Find something you enjoy doing. Dancing, swimming, walking—it doesn’t have to be the latest workout craze. What’s important is that you keep working out, in whatever way works for you.
- Get online support. These days, there are lots of monthly challenges you can get in on like DietBet or Daily Endorphin. A group to check in with keeps you accountable.
- Find a workout partner. Bonus: walking with a friend burns calories and lets you catch up on the neighborhood news at the same time.
- Pay a personal trainer. Paying a trainer can motivate you to show up to your scheduled workouts like nothing else.
- Sign up for an exercise class. It’s harder to slack off when you’re in a room full of people.
- Break it up. Tell yourself you only have to exercise for 10 minutes. You may find you want to keep going. If not, you can do a couple more mini-sessions during the day, instead of one long workout.
- Make it convenient. Online exercise videos are handy when you don’t have time to drive 20 minutes to the gym.
- Set a goal. It doesn’t have to be for weight loss. Why not see if you can reduce your waist measurement or work out three days every week?
- Track your progress. Recording your workouts—either online, through an app or in an old-fashioned journal—is a proven way to make you want to keep going.
- Reward yourself for working out. Choose rewards like a new outfit, a massage or special body scrub. You deserve it!