Squeezing in a fitness routine between work, school and daily life takes some planning. Make the transition from workout to other activities easier with a well-planned gym bag and these beauty essentials!
Freshen up fast.
If there’s no time for a shower, clean and remove sweat and odor-causing bacteria with pre-moistened body wipes. ShowerPill Body Wipes are thick and plush. Developed by athletes to banish odor-causing bacteria, they’re made without alcohol and soothe skin with aloe and witch hazel. Follow up with a natural deodorant like Schmidt’s Natural Deodorant Sensitive Skin Formula that relies on arrowroot powder to absorb wetness, and antibacterial coconut oil to prevent odor. For an extra dose of odor prevention, try Weleda Citrus 24 Hour Deodorant, made with uplifting lemon, spicy litsea cubeba essential oil and antibacterial witch hazel.
Revive your hair.
Give your hair a post-workout boost with dry shampoo. Oil-absorbing botanical powders quickly restore body and volume while reducing grime. For best results, apply powder on your fingertips and gently massage into your roots in small sections. Let it set for a minute or two, then fluff and brush out. Try Klorane Dry Shampoo, with de-greasing rice starch and oat milk. Or try Acure’s solution for those with very dark hair—their Dry Shampoo for Brunette to Dark Hair includes natural cocoa powder to help it blend more easily with dark roots.
Touch up your makeup.
All you need are a few essentials to make the most of that post-exercise glow. (Hint: Find your cosmetics easily and keep your gym bag organized by storing your makeup in one of Danica’s cute cosmetics bags!). Here’s a step-by-step to perfecting your complexion:
- Start by removing any smudged makeup with a quick swipe of a facial towelette like Pacifica Sea Water Makeup Removing Wipes, made with soothing aloe and skin-balancing coconut milk and banana extract.
- Plump up your lashes with Inika Organic Long Lash Vegan Mascara—a good choice for sensitive eyes. It boosts volume and length while gently conditioning lashes with magnolia bark extract and sunflower seed oil.
- Next, pop a little sheer rosy color on your lips with Babo Botanicals Lip Tint Conditioner, which provides SPF 15 protection and moisturizes with natural botanicals like shea butter and avocado oil.
- Skip heavy foundations and apply a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen to protect and even skin tone. W3LL PEOPLE Bio Tint Multi-Action Moisturizer is a true multi-tasker that brightens skin with broccoli seed oil and organic pomegranate, moisturizes with coconut oil and shea butter, provides SPF 30 broad-spectrum skin protection and is available in four skin-perfecting tints to match all skin tones.
- Finish off with a spritz of refreshing jane iredale D20 Hydration Spray to cool and calm skin with chamomile and ylang ylang extracts.
Head back to work (or life) looking fresh and ready for anything!