We checked in with Brigitte Mars, herbalist, author and long-time Pharmaca practitioner about the advice she gives customers looking for relief from spring allergy symptoms.
- Minimize gluten and dairy, which can cause excess phlegm.
- Use zoned homeopathic allergy formulas from Allergena. These help immunize the body against a wide range of pollens, including grasses and tree pollens, by giving micro doses of the offending allergen. Available in different formulas for different regions of the country.
- Rinse your nasal passages 1-2 times a day with a neti pot and salt to clear out offending allergens.
- There has been a positive response to Plantiva’s AllerDx, which is a combination of both Western and Eastern herbs that help quell allergy symptoms.
- Nettles has been effective in helping to minimize allergy symptoms like runny nose, watery eyes, and general congestion.