Environmental toxins. Too much screen time. Sun exposure. All of these things contribute to skin damage. That’s why Skin Authority has formulated a new line of specialized skin care to shield us from over exposure to indoor and outdoor environmental aggressors.
“With 92 percent of us living in cities that don’t comply with air quality standards, and the fact that we spend so much time in front of digital screens and wireless devices, the cumulative effect of environmental damage to our skin is mounting,” says Celeste Hilling, Skin Authority’s CEO.
How it works
The formulas’ patented coated mineral actives reduce the visible signs of aging and protect against environmental aggressors in three ways:
- Defends by intercepting and actively absorbing 99 percent of UV light, blue light, infrared radiation—as well as heat and pollution—to reduce the visible signs of aging.
- Quenches free radical damage and inhibits the effects of oxidative stress on the skin including blotchiness, hyperpigmentation, redness, sagging, fine lines, wrinkles and texture changes.
- Boosts the effectiveness of topical antioxidants and vitamins—including A, C and E—up to 200 percent by intercepting free radicals before they can enter the skin and trigger deterioration of antioxidant or sunscreen ingredients. SkinSuit’S coated mineral actives shield antioxidants and sunscreens and prevent oxidation of the lipid layer boosting the level of efficacy by up to 5 times.
Some of SkinSuit’s key ingredients
In both formulas
- Zinc Oxide (12%) – These specially coated, micronized particles sit on top of skin to scatter, absorb and reflect UV radiation, protecting living skin below.
- Iron Oxide – Works to reduce the amount of UVA and visible light transmitted to skin.
- Tocopherol (vitamin E) – A naturally occurring antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals, moisturizes skin and improves the appearance of visible skin aging.
SkinSuit Face’s additional healing ingredients
- Allantoin (Comfrey Extract) – Promotes skin healing, soothes skin and aids in moisture retention.
- Bisabolol (German Chamomile Extract) – Enhances the appearance of dehydrated or damaged skin by reducing dry flaking and restoring suppleness to the skin.
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3) – Provides protection against oxidative stress and the appearance of skin damage caused by environmental attack. Helps skin repair the signs of past damage.
“I’m excited to suit people up to face each day with one simple step that protects us from indoor and outdoor environmental aggressors,” says Celeste. “More importantly, the product feels and looks amazing on your face and lips—so you want to wear it every day!“