Visbiome High Potency Probiotic 60 capsules
Visbiome® is a high potency probiotic medical food, containing 8 strains of live bacteria in concentrations of 450 billion bacteria per packet and 112.5 billion per capsule.
Visbiome® is a specially formulated probiotic medical food intended for the dietary management of dysbiosis associated with IBS, ulcerative colitis, pouchitis, and hepatic encephalopathy. Visbiome is a non-drug therapy that addresses distinct nutritional requirements, to promote microbial balance in people with IBS, ulcerative colitis, pouchitis, and hepatic encephalopathy that cannot be addressed by modification of the diet alone.
- Visbiome® consists of the Original De Simone Formulation, which was previously sold under the brand name "VSL#3®"* until July 2016.
- (VSL#3 is a registered trademark of VSL Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
- One of the highest available concentrations of probiotic bacteria
- Formulation has been the subject of over 60 human clinical trials as a medical food in the dietary management of gastrointestinal and liver disorders
- Contains highly concentrated natural yogurt bacteria which are grown using dairy ingredients to ensure their health and vitality. Trace levels of dairy may be present in the finished product.
- Non-GMO and Gluten free
- Made in the USA
Visbiome® is a medical food intended to be used under medical supervision.
A note about shipping probiotics
Our manufacturers formulate their probiotics to ensure their products retain viability until they reach the consumer. All probiotics shipped from the Pharmaca warehouse remain refrigerated until the time of shipment and during warmer months probiotics are shipped alongside ice packs to ensure potency (Note: Ice pack will not arrive frozen/product will not arrive cold).
Probiotics are often recommended to be taken in the morning on an empty stomach. However, there is not a recommended time of day to take Visbiome, so you may wish to follow your personal preference and consult with your healthcare provider when making this determination.
Strain Reference No.
|Lactobacillus||delbrueckii subspecies bulgaricus*||DSM 24734|
± Recently reclassified as Bifidobacterium lactis
* Recently reclassified as Lactobacillus helveticus
Other ingredients: Lactic acid bacteria, microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, and vegetable capsule (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose). Contains milk. Contains highly concentrated natural yogurt bacteria which are grown using dairy ingredients to ensure their health and vitality. Trace levels of dairy are present in the finished product (0.01 g lactose per 200 capsules)